Sunday, September 26, 2004

Sunday, September 26, 2004 - Revelations

Today I spent most of my time in church. There was the usual service, preceded by an early morning choir rehearsal because I missed the Thurs. evening rehearsal. Later that afternoon was a special event. One of the members of our congregation was ordinated as a minister and installed at his new church one town over. Our church's choir was asked to participate in the service as well. We are all very happy to see him take his first steps in his new calling.

During that service there was an incredible moment. In the last part of the ordination, all of the clergy present (about 15 of them) lay hands upon the candidate simultaneously and beseech God to give the candidate the strength to carry out his calling. At least that's what I think they were saying, for I could not recite back a single word spoken, but I in that moment could feel God's presence filling that room like a blazing fire. It's only happened a few times in my life, and I was utterly shaken to the core.

I was not the only one that felt this. I talked with several people afterward and essentially got the same response, which was speechless awe. Nobody said, "what a nice service", it was more like "wow". It's a blessing, and perhaps a message.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home