Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Tuesday, November 2, 2004 - Fear and Loathing

I'm afraid to tune into the election coverage.

I have had enough of this electoral college crap. Will you stand behind me to support a change to a straight-up popular vote for President? As it stands, we are now reduced to having the votes of a few hundred people in key locations make the difference in deciding who will be the ruler of the free world.

I also hate that as a voter in New York State, my vote essentially doesn't count, because the liberal vote will always carry the day in NYC. (Mind you, I voted for Kerry, but it's the principal of the thing). I'm sure there's Dems in strong Republican states that feel the same way - if you are in the minority, you're essentially disenfranchised.

And I've said it before, and I'll say it again: At least for national elections we need a standardized voting methodology. No using a dozen different methods of voting. Not every state has its own way of handling things. One national vote, one way.

That's about as political as I ever get (I don't have the stomach for it on a regular basis). Thank you for listening.

2 Comments:

Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

We do need a National standard for voting...

11/04/2004 12:22 AM  
Blogger Mz. Gydnew said...

There needs to be a different way to do it but I'm not sure what. Wikipedia has a good article about the Electoral College that discusses the advantages and disadvantages of the ssytem as well as some alternatives and how those could work.

11/05/2004 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home