Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - Anxiety Is Setting In

I was awake much of the night worrying about the trip. Not so much the actual being in HK, which I am sure will be very strange and exciting but manageable. But the flight just terrifies me.

God, I hate flying. The thought of being on a plane for 16 hours is just not fun. I know, I know, it'll be fine (especially with the help of some sleep aids). It's just the lack of control of the situation that bothers me. Pretty typical stuff.

Well, I'll have Ironwolf's shoulder to whimper on during the trip there, so I'll take some comfort in that. Of course, I'll be returning alone, so....

I am going to miss my babies so much. I've never been away from them longer than overnight.

I'm just going to start blubbering soon if I continue, so for now I'll push it out of my mind and get on with things. What else can you do?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

I hear ya about the flying thing!
I flew to New Zealand once, and that as a 12 1/2 hour flight, with stops tho. Still. I slept, and got drunk. I don't recomend the drunk thing because when you land, you're hangover triples. LOL
You will be fine. Hold tight to Ironwolf on the way, so that on the way home you'll feel like an old pro!
Besides, if the move goes through, you'll have to fly home alot!

10/13/2004 6:46 PM  
Blogger serenerachel said...

I have never flown for more than just under 4 hours. My husband would like to go to Hawaii. But I don't know if I could handle the flight. Of course, right now there are no Hawaii funds so it is a mute point. I think it will be hard to be away from the kiddos. But it will be ok. I am getting ready to spend the weekend away from the kids and can't wait. But I know I will be so happy to see them on Sunday. Take care!! Good luck and take lots of sleep aids!!

10/13/2004 9:19 PM  
Blogger wendy said...

International flight = inflight movies and free alchohol (at least that was the benefit to my one international flight)

Leaving the kids is hard but you will manage and they will have fun. Are they staying with a grandma?

10/13/2004 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home