Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - The 2nd Scariest Parenting Moment In My Life

I was here in "the study" working on the computer with Rascal and Zipper playing nicely nearby in the room, when my reverie was shattered by a shriek and a crash. We have a library card catalog in the room filled with various kinds of cards, and Rascal pulled it down on top of himself. It was too heavy for me to lift back up by myself, but I held it up with one hand while clearing away drawers with the other and screaming for Ironwolf and his friends to help. In moments we freed Rascal from the wreckage, and thankfully he was fine. Not a scratch on him, thank God!

The resulting mess is quite intimidating. Thousands and thousands of cards everywhere to start, assorted game pieces, and worst of all, the liquor bottles we kept on top of the card catalog. A few broke (thankfully not the Blue Curacao!) so there was glass and booze everywhere (not unlike the end of a good party, huh?) Some of Ironwolf's cards were ruined (and some of his cards are worth a lot of money), but we haven't been able to assess the damage yet.

But none of the material losses matter, because my little boy is alright. This could have turned out much, much worse.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mz. Gydnew said...

What a scary moment! I'm so glad he's not hurt.

10/13/2004 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home