Monday, November 08, 2004

Monday, November 8, 2004 - What's That Outside???

Yes, folks, there is snow on the ground in Buffalo, NY. Winter is here. I'll have a pic for you tomorrow to prove it. Boo.

A couple days ago, our new bedroom dressers arrived. Yay! We needed them badly, particularly because Ironwolf's dresser was in sad, sad shape. Let's just say, it was his great-grandfather's dresser. Yes, that probably made it an official antique, but I think it was past saving.

So we put the dresser out on the curb this evening for garbage pickup tomorrow. A couple hours later I take a very broken child's bicycle out to the curb too, and find instead of a dresser, a television. What the heck? I guess someone liked the dresser more. A couple hours later I look out, and there's..nothing!

Ah, I have fond memories of garbage picking too, but I was really surprised to see it go so quickly. Hmmm...I have a glider/rocker in really poor shape, I wonder if I should put that out too tonight and see if it disappears before I go to bed...

3 Comments:

Blogger Mz. Gydnew said...

Is this a good time to mention that I'm enjoying 80 degree temps?

One time my grandmother put an old broken toilet out by the road. Someone took it but left her a sink. I wonder why people feel a need to leave an item in trade.

11/09/2004 5:12 PM  
Blogger ShadowAngel said...

It was in the low 80's in Hong Kong, and not a drop of rain... *sigh* It's going to be *another* long winter.

11/09/2004 11:11 PM  
Blogger James E Lutz said...

I have no words to appreciate this post ..... I'm really impressed with this post ....
Jacksonville office furniture

4/09/2017 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home