Saturday, October 02, 2004

Saturday, October 2, 2004 - Family & Work & Hobbies

I had a very nice visit with my parents. To my surprise another grandson was already there when we arrived. Apparently my sister dropped him off at 9 AM that day because he wanted to visit. Not a bad idea, *except* that my folks had just driven 13 hours overnight and had been awake since the morning before. What was she thinking? Not my concern. Besides, I know we were imposing too (though I had expected that they would have napped in the afternoon - didn't happen, obviously). A little later my brother arrived with his wife and son to do the routine house check - they didn't even realize our parents were coming home for the weekend. (maybe if he picked up the phone once in a while...) Still, it was a pleasant surprise, and my parents were happy to be able to see all four grandsons at once. They ran and played and ate cookies and occasionally misbehaved until I decided to call it at 10:30 PM. It was a good time.

Reactions were mixed on the family blog thing, partially because my mom is a technophobe. So I think I'll get it started and invite the others to join and see what happens. And they definitely won't get access to this blog!

Today Ironwolf's company held an open house. They had tours of the building followed by a luncheon, and Ironwolf was doing a cool demo in the electrical lab which involved melting paper clips with an electric current. It was very popular - people like to watch things burn!

Now this tour was supposed to be about an hour long. Ok, that's fine, so I brought the kids with me. After 2 hours, with a couple stops still left to go on the tour(including the mail room, oooh...), and my back aching from carrying Zipper, I had enough of it and left. I know that people like to talk about what they do, but it was just getting ridiculous! There were so many young children there, and they were all unhappy. And the food at the luncheon stunk too, but that's not the company's fault. If I had known it was going to turn out the way it did, I would have just stayed home. But enough griping, because...

I get to go out all afternoon tomorrow to pursue one of my favorite hobbies, scrapbooking! (You can see some of my work in ShadowAngel's Cacophony if you are so inclined. Or not. I don't care.) I haven't touched my scrapbooking in months, so I am really not prepared for this event. I am going to end up bringing so much stuff with me to the banquet hall (the same place where I had that crappy lunch today, btw) that I won't be able to carry it in one trip. I hope that some of my neighbors are there this time so I have someone to talk to - there's usually a couple there.

Well, I told myself that I wouldn't spend more than 20 minutes online, and that time is fast approaching. CYA later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home