Thursday, September 30, 2004

Thursday, September 30, 2004 - "Potentially Fraudulent"

When I went to the Blogger main page this morning, Earthlink's Scamblocker software kept popping up with messages that the site has been place on the list of "potentially fraudulent" websites, which means that they have determined that there is significant risk of identity theft or financial loss. I've already emailed Blogger support about this, because I think it could scare people away from Blogger.

Admittedly, I've wondered if I picked up some adware from Blogger before, but other than that I don't see any trouble. In any case I hope the Blogger people fix things up soon because I'm already sick of the little pop-up boxes and redirected pages Earthlink is sending to me everytime I go to a new page on the site.

1 Comments:

Blogger ShadowAngel said...

Earthlink has a popup blocker too. The reason why I stick with Earthlink despite their high cost is features like SpamBlocker, ScamBlocker, PopupBlocker, SpywareBlocker, VirusBlocker, and Parental Controls. The messages I was getting were not actual browser windows but "Windows" windows. (Got it?).

9/30/2004 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home