Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Wednesday, September 1, 2004 - Bjork! Bjork! Bjork!

A little Swedish Chef humor, that's all. (Or should it be Icelandic Chef?)

I picked up Bjork's brand new album, Medulla, today. It's an a cappella album full of basso rumblings, labored breathing, high-pitched shrieks, incredible layered harmonies, and every other funky vocal trick in the book. It's really cool! I've never heard anything like it before.

Bjork puzzles me. Much of her music seems to be weirdness for weirdness's sake, yet I still find it compelling, and I still keep buying her albums just to see what she has come up with this time. The best conclusion I have been able to come to is that she is not a musician but an artist who uses music as her medium.

If you are only going to download one track, I personally recommend "Where Is The Line." Very goth, B-horror movie-ish. But don't judge the album just by that track - there is a lot more to the album than that particular sound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home