Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - Sad Little Bunnies

On Monday we were playing outside and I noticed a furry little body at the edge of our patio. It was a dead baby bunny. How sad! I investigated further and discovered a small nest in our herb garden and another dead baby bunny inside.

Rascal was very curious. Can I hold the bunny? No, Rascal. Is it asleep? No, Rascal, I'm afraid it's dead. Oh, the bunny rabbit's dead.

I put the bodies into a plastic bag, and Rascal insisted on carrying the bag around for most of an hour until he was distracted and I disposed of it.

*sigh* I probably should have buried them; it would have sat on my conscience better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mz. Gydnew said...

poor bunnies...it's always hard trying to explain death to kids.

8/25/2004 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home