Saturday, August 21, 2004

Saturday, August 21, 2004 - Friends Reading Blogs

It has come to my attention that some of my "real-life" friends are reading this blog without having apprised me. You're found out! (oooh, I'm gonna get you...)

Really, guys, I don't mind that you are reading this. It would have been nice to know, though, and not because I'm saying bad things about you :-), but because it does mean that I should really put another layer of self-edit in my writings here.

Or maybe I shouldn't. There's nothing here that I wouldn't care for you to know. My only concerns are:

  1. That you'll become thoroughly convinced that I have an unhappy marriage. It couldn't be further from the truth. But sometimes I really need to gripe, and this is a good forum for it.
  2. That you'll learn more about me than what you really wanted to know. Say, for example, the fact that I almost never shave my legs! (Oh, wait, you probably have been able to figure that one out over the years...)
  3. That I will no longer be quite as free to say what I really think, particularly about you guys. I would never intend to hurt anyone's feelings here, but it could happen.

Well, all of this is inconsequential. I love you all, and trust you all with the details of my life and my mind. So if you are going to read, at least bother to toss in a comment once in a while, ok?

1 Comments:

Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

I know the feeling...I give my info to all and assume they can read it...and this is a level of self-edit that I think is needed...

8/25/2004 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home