Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - Annoyances of the Day

This morning I step out of the shower, and I hear the garbage truck rumbling around the neighborhood. So I quickly got dressed and got the garbage can out to the curb. Then I went to empty the cans about the house and the diaper pail. You'd just know it, I've just pulled the bag out of the diaper pail and the truck comes. I ended up putting the garbage can back in the garage with just as much garbage in it than when I had taken it out a few minutes before. Grrr...

This afternoon Rascal rushes off to the bathroom, and I hear him messing around with the toilet tank. I head in there and he's got the top off the tank and is playing inside. I get annoyed with him and we have a "discussion", during which he angrily knocks some items off a shelf down onto the floor. Angry myself, I drop the top of the toilet tank down too hard and break it into two pieces. I then proceed to impale my finger with a sliver fragment from the broken top. Aaagh! And it's a pink American Standard Toilet too! Where am I ever going to get a replacement top? Ah, well, it's not that bad really - I should be able to superglue the pieces together.

Minor annoyances, I know, but put PMS on top of it, and you've got yourself a situation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

And whenever pms is involved, everything becomes little annoyances to me! It could be the dumbest little stuff and it throws me over the edge. This is where working really becomes a problem because in my line of work, I have to be nice to people! But I also have no quams with telling folks that I am not in any kind of good mood today, and leave it at that. They usually stay out of my way.

8/18/2004 7:54 AM  
Blogger wendy said...

PMS, for me, blurs the line between sanity and insanity. I'm normally a laid back person but have been known to be found sitting in my car screaming at the top of my at lungs as a way to keep from breaking things. There are some months I am ready to be put away. Luckily I don't feel like that every month.

8/18/2004 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home