Sunday, April 10, 2005

Sunday, April 10, 2005 - Home Alone

Ha! I wish! I haven't had a night honest-to-goodness truly alone by myself since before the kids were born. Ironwolf made it safe and sound to Shanghai with no problems, so I can sleep a little easier tonight.

I've been asked to do a survey regarding the woes of Erie County and the City of Buffalo by VOICE-Buffalo, a faith-based community action group of which my church is a member (though I personally am not a member). For those of you that don't know, the city and county (and state, for that matter) governments are a mess. It's nice that people want my opinions on the subject, but the fact is that I don't have a solution, everyone and their brother has their own ideas, and I don't forsee anything but endless round-in-circles discussion for years.

I've been delaying my response because I want to be able express a cogent, rational, and thoughtful opinion. But I don't think that my opinions are worth a hill of beans. I should pass this survey along to a couple of the local political bloggers I know and see what they can do with it.

Instead tonight I'm going to be shallow - watch a movie, maybe dye my hair... policy planning can wait another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home