Thursday, April 07, 2005

Thursday, April 7, 2005 - Into Every Life A Little Jellybean Rain Must Fall

Today was the biggest event to hit Buffalo in months - the grand opening of the new Kohl's department stores! *snicker*

I'll admit it, I'm a sucker for a new retailer (and a nice discount coupon too), so after dropping Rascal off at preschool I drove over there to check it out. I figured that since the store opened several hours earlier it would no longer be packed. Wrong! The entire parking lot was full, and I wisely decided to defer my excursion to a later date.

I went to the supermarket next door to pick up a couple things. Among these purchases were about 3 1/2 lbs. of red Jelly Belly jellybeans from the bulk section, which I have been buying in spurts when I see them at the supermarket because I am making my sister's wedding favors with them.

I dropped the big bag of jellybeans into my cart to discover that the bag was not securely closed. Jellybeans everywhere! Spectators all about fell silent as the last of the clattering candy came to rest on the floor. I sheepishly gaze about and see that there is a broom and dustpan right next to me. True to my maternal instincts, I start sweeping up, and suddenly hear the laughter of several of the associates there (who then came to clean up).

Thankfully I managed to retain 1 1/2 pounds of the jellybeans. I was so embarassed, but it was so funny!

1 Comments:

Blogger ShadowAngel said...

That is *so* nasty. Don't they see the people walking across the floor plus anything else that gets on the floor?

4/22/2005 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home