Monday, April 04, 2005

Monday, April 4, 2005 - You Like Me, You Really Like Me! (?)

Due to popular demand (ok, mostly Jade) I am making a not-so-triumphant return to the blogosphere, beginning by spending 45 minutes typing out a post and then losing the whole thing just before completing it. Typical.

I am sorry for just dumping you all. This would be the point where I would be offering up some lame excuses, but I don't really see any point to it. If you were concerned about me (ha ha yeah right) please rest assured that no major disasters (and very few minor disasters) have occurred in the last 2 months.

So let me attempt to sum up where things stand right now without boring you all to death:



  • The DH: Ironwolf is once again spednign too much time traveling. He left for Chicago/Indianapolis today, and after a couple days home he is off to Shanghai for 2 weeks. But, on a good note, this opens things up for...


  • The vacation: While Ironwolf is away I am going to take the boys to see my parents in South Carolina. It will be their 1st plane trip. I am both excited and anxious about the prospect of traveling alone with two small boys.


  • The China situation: It's still on hold. We don't expect to hear anything more on it until summer.


  • The elder boy: Rascal is back in preschool again (the same one he attended the last 2 years). He's a little old for it, but it gets him out and with other kids. I've got him signed up for teeball next month, and I bought him his first big-boy bike last week.


  • The younger boy: Drake just finished up a playgroup for 2-year-olds at the same school Rascal attends. I moved the boys into the same bedroom because they wanted to sleep in the same room every night. I converted the other room to a playroom, which they rapidly proceeded to turn into a disaster area.


  • The extended family: Sis had a breast reduction last week. I can't imagine what she'll look like with only a D-cup. She says it was the easiest 8 pounds(!) she ever lost! She's getting married in 2 months, so she needs to hurry up and heal so she can go get a wedding dress.


  • The tae kwon do studies: They're going pretty well! I got my yellow belt last month, and I should be ready to test for my green stripe at the end of this month. I have a few tales to tell, but I will leave them for a later time.


  • The quest for less mass: Over the holiday season I gained quite a lot of weight, which I largely attribute to my bro-in-law, who gave "my children" a 5-pound Hershey's bar for Christmas. But between the tae kwon do and my other favored physical activity, playing Dance Dance Revolution on the XBox, I've taken that and a little more back off. The influx of candy for Easter didn't help me, but I'll push through it. Darn my weakness for chocolate!


  • The musical mayhem: Hey, I finally found a sucker - I mean, a kind soul - to host my music files! You can download them at Red Room Tunes, a very cool site run by one of my husband's coworkers. The site features various artists, most of whom crank out tunes sitting in their little home studios. My stuff is listed under "Jennifer", but please check out some of the other artists - I'm sure you'll find something you like!


  • The rest of it: Eh, same ol' same ol'. I feel like I've been simply existing for the last couple months - not really accomplishing much of anything. It's the old winter blahs (you can scarcely avoid them here in Buffalo). But this too shall pass - winter is ending, I've started digging in my garden (before the snow came over the weekend, that is), and I'm inspired to do a little spring cleaning (and hey, when I'm inspired to clean, I'd better get to it, because the urge comes briefly and infrequently). In any case I'm doing ok.

So that's it. I'll start posting regularly again (though I'll be breaking from that when we go to South Carolina - the folks don't have Internet access). I'll even make sure that I'll read (ok, skim through) some of your blogs in the next couple days. For now though, I'll leave you with a couple anecdotes for the day:

This evening I'm scrubbing my living room rug with the handy-dandy rug scrubber. With only 6 square feet of carpet to go, the scrubber runs out of wash solution. Did I:

  1. Refill the scrubber with a whole new batch of wash solution to do the last little bit? or...
  2. Say "screw it" and left that corner of the carpet unscrubbed?

I'll let you decide.

And last, a quote from my dear, sweet Rascal today: "The more love you give, you get even more love back."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home