Saturday, April 09, 2005

Saturday, April 9, 2005 - Anyone For A Little Emotional Draino?

Right this moment Ironwolf should be somewhere over the North Pole on his way to his two-week business trip in Shanghai. I miss him already (though he was kind enough to call me from Los Angeles this afternoon to let me know that he is alright). But I should have asked for the flight number because I can't find a flight that matches up with his itinerary.

Supposedly he's flying United, but there is no direct Los Angeles to Shanghai flights listed on there. It's goofy - you can go from Los Angeles to San Francisco to Shanghai, or you can go Los Angeles to Chicago to Shanghai. Who in their right mind is going to choose the latter? I know, I know - someone cheap like me! You fly for 15 hours or fly for 20 hours, what's the difference? [snort]

Anyway, Ironwolf will be arriving around 5 AM EDT so I'm anxious to hear from him.

*****

This morning I took the boys to an Easter egg hunt! What, you say? But it's two weeks after Easter! A family friend hosts an annual egg hunt at her home - the original date was cancelled because her yard was extremely muddy, the 1st rescheduled date was snowed out, but finally the 2nd rescheduled date was successful!

We had a lot of fun, but I think that Rascal is getting a little too old to participate. There are a lot of very small children there, and Rascal (and a couple other older kids) snapped up the majority of the eggs before the little ones could get to them. But Rascal was kind enough to give a few of his eggs to some of the smaller children - it was very sweet of him.

*****

Today we went to find a wedding dress for my sister! We went to a local "bridal superstore" because she has less than 2 months to go before the wedding. As I've mentioned, she had a breast reduction done a couple weeks ago (and she looks good!) so she didn't even know what size she was anymore. For the first time in her adult life, she was able to try on a dress and be able to say "Wow, this is way too big in the bust!". I am happy to report that we found a lovely dress (that I picked out, btw). She looks really great in it. We took some pictures of her in it to send to our parents. And we (ok, I didn't) took pictures of her boob job to show them (ok, just our mom) too! LOL

*****

I'm exhausted, mildly anxious, and have a killer migraine, so I'll have to call it a night. So g'night, y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home