Thursday, December 16, 2004

Thursday, December 16, 2004 - Thum for Dummies

I'll admit to all of you out there in cyberspace; I bite my nails.

It's a nasty, disgusting habit that I picked up from my mother (and most of the rest of her side of the family), and now I seem to have passed on the bad habit to Rascal.

Ironwolf, finding the whole thing rather distasteful, is trying to nip it in the bud. He bought one of those concoctions to make your fingers taste bad so that you won't bite them. The particular formula he purchased is called Thum, and it is basically nail polish with cayenne pepper extract.

So far, Rascal doesn't seem to be too deterred by it.

As for me, I put several coats of it on, and I still don't notice the taste unless I'm actually looking for it. But then again, I have a history of stuff like that not working. I guess they (used to?) have this "bitter apple" stuff that was supposed to taste _really_ bad. My mother tells me that I liked the taste of it. *hee hee*

I suppose I should knuckle down and try to beat this habit... [ShadowAngel places the back of her hand upon her forehead and sighs] ...for my children's sake!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mz. Gydnew said...

I don't know where I picked it up from, but I also bite my nails. For years, as an adult, I was able to get it under control simply through conscience effort but since going back to school...let's just say it isn't pretty. I don't even realize I'm doing it.

Good Luck!

12/17/2004 12:04 PM  
Blogger Sunny said...

They still have bitter apple, I think.. it's marketed to people with pets who chew on the furnature. So that they stop, I guess.

At least you didn't used to sneak into the cupboards and eat dog biscuits, like my aunt.

12/21/2004 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home