Thursday, December 16, 2004

Thursday, December 16, 2004 - A ShadowAngel Improvement Update

First of all, a big hello to Ann Marie!

Well, things are mixed in the ShadowAngel improvement department. I let the trial membership at the Buffalo Athletic Club lapse. It really wasn't the place for me. Oh, the facility was ok (though I wish it had a pool), but I was really unhappy with the atmosphere there. People just didn't seem very friendly, and the staff... well, it seemed to me that all the staff cared about was getting me signed up to a long-term membership (I think maybe their membership signups are linked to bonuses or promotions or job security or something).

The holiday season has not treated me well and I have regained a few pounds (boo).

But! A new development is at hand. Rascal and I have joined a Tae Kwon Do studio. We had our first introductory lesson yesterday, and we will have another one tomorrow. I'm not sure how much Rascal likes it yet (he was really crabby yesterday), but I think it's a lot of fun. We've got a couple more lessons before I'll be asked to make any financial commitment, so we'll see how things go, but if I can manage the cost, I'm certainly sticking with it. I really hope Rascal wants to do it too. One of the big reasons that I chose this particular studio is that they have daily family classes where parents and children can train together.

My only problem with Tae Kwon Do is that I can't seem to get my belt tied right...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home