Thursday, December 09, 2004

Thrusday, December 9, 2004 - He's A Foul One, Mr. Grinch...

I am such a Scrooge. I feel so un-filled with the holiday spirit this year.

Maybe it's the fact that there isn't any snow (hey, it's Buffalo!). In fact, we are having a bit of a heat wave right now (high 40's to low 50's). It doesn't seem like winter has arrived. (yes, I know, technically winter doesn't arrive for two more weeks).

Maybe it's that I'm already suffering from holiday overload. For example:

  • First day I saw a Christmas display in the stores: October 25.
  • First day the first 24/7 Christmas song radio station started playing here: November 1.
  • First day I saw a big, garish holiday light display in someone's yard in my neighborhood: November 11. (Some people still had Jack O' Lanterns in front of their homes.)
  • First day I noticed Santa in the mall: November 17.

This is getting ridiculous.

Or maybe it's just that I haven't really done much in the way of holiday preparations yet. Yeah, I put up some lights outside the other day (in the cold rain, btw), and I've done some of my shopping, but really that's it.

(cue music)
Oh, we need a little Chirstmas
right this very minute
Candles in the window
Carols at the spinet
Yes, we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute
Need a little Christmas now


1 Comments:

Blogger Mz. Gydnew said...

I also get very annoyed at Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving. Target had an aisle of Christmas stuff going before Halloween had even hit.

12/10/2004 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home