Sunday, August 01, 2004

Saturday, July 31, 2004 - Substitute Girlfriend (A Message To My Dear Readers)

If you haven't done so already, please go read the post two before this one ("The Husband Factor"). Thank you.

One of the things that you need to know about me is that I have very few friends. The friends that I do have are extremely close, and I couldn't survive without them. But my close friends are all male. I have no close girlfriends at all now, and I haven't had one for a long time. I do have close relatives (my mother, sisters, and sister-in-law), but it's not the same - there's only so much you can say because you are family. And I do have female acquaintances, just nobody that I would call up just to talk.

I am so in need of someone to dish with that I started this blog as kind of a substitute girlfriend (ugh, that sounds so sad). Well, really, I intended it to be more of a journal. But nobody else reads a journal but the writer. Dear readers, I am glad that you are here to share my thoughts, my moods, and my life. It means more to me than you could know.

So a couple quick personal messages:

To Wendy: Sorry I haven't been in touch with you. I'm slowly going through your blog, so you will certainly hear from me there soon. I'm looking forward to it.

To Desired at Dawn and AZJade: I really envy you the friendship that you have. It is really wonderful to see best friends really capable of understanding the importance of and the love behind their friendship. May you keep these warm feelings for each other for the rest of your lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home