Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Monday, July 26, 2004 - VBS Visit and More Tummy Troubles

Ugh, it's gotten chilly around here again. It didn't even make it to 70 F today. What the heck is going on with the weather this summer? Oh, well, at least it didn't rain last weekend (for the first time since the beginning of June).

For some silly reason I agreed to teach Vacation Bible School again. I don't know why I do it. It's not out of particular religious conviction (I'm Christian, but I'm not just Christian; it's a little hard to explain here). And it's not because I love teaching - I have great respect for teachers in part because I know I couldn't handle the job myself. So it must be either 1) to alleviate the boredom; or 2) because I'm a masochist. Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but after 4 hours of dealing with all those kids, I'm shot for the day.

I"m teaching 1st and 2nd grade again with "Tina". I'm glad she asked me to partner up with her again - we worked well together two years ago. (I'm also glad that I'm not doing the 3-year-old class again! Like herding cats, I tell you!) We'd put off our planning long enough and she came over today, bringing her two kids (aged 8 and 6). Her kids were great, but mine were, uh, not. They fought, they cried, they whined, and made themselves general pains in the neck. What can you do?

Tina was good to take it all in stride, and we got done with everything we needed to do in about 2 hours, and got in a good personal chat in the process.  So now the real mad rush of work begins, since we only have 3 weeks before VBS. It's mostly decorating and activity planning, but it will probably take about 40 hours of my time altogether. I do this because...

Ironwolf came home today miserable because he caught the tummy bug that plagued me and Zipper over the last couple weeks. Of course, he came home, ate a little dinner, and went to bed. Like I ever had that luxury. But in fairness, he did stick it out through his whole workday, and will probably go in tomorrow. I guess I can't hold it against him. I've never met a guy who didn't want to be babied when they were ill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home