Friday, July 23, 2004

Friday, July 23, 2004 - So There's This Guy...

I have been involved in a lengthy email discussions with a male friend of mine (and Ironwolf's [ok, primarily Ironwolf's]). It all started with my sending him a critical review of his original musical compositions, a hobby which I share with him (but he's quite experienced and I'm rather the beginner). My original letter was about 2 pages, and he sent back this extremely detailed 8-pager in reply.

It's turned into a very strange correspondance, where we discuss the mundane, the technical (music, primarily), the psychological, the philosophical, and the theological. We are sending these 10-page collages of thought with about a week turnaround time. I both really look forward to his emails and really dread them -they are really funny, insightful, and thought-provoking, but it also seems as though with every message I send out I am leaving myself seriously psychologically vulnerable.

It's probably too much like having an affair. No, dear readers, I have not and never intend to have one, so you will not find titillation of that sort here. I suspect that my husband isn't exactly happy about these email exchanges (as he is not happy about this blog, but that's part of the reason why I use psuedonymns), but he understands that they serve as a useful outlet for me.  I don't know if I can tell this friend everything yet, but it's nice to have someone else with whom I can discuss the deeper stuff.

1 Comments:

Blogger ShadowAngel said...

Yeah, I do know what you mean. It's been quite a while since I've had one of these relationships though. And it's not a relationship separated by distance either. I do see him probably once a week. The email makes the face-to-face stuff a little weird, because what we discuss there we can't really bring up with other people around. There ends up being some innuendo and code-talk.

7/26/2004 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home