Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - Practice, Practice, Practice

One of my musical interests is playing electric bass. I picked up the hefty acoustic orchestral version in high school and returned to it some 14 years later (that is, last year) when my husband purchased an electric for me for XMas. Strangely enough, I still stink at it. Sure, I can plunk out a standard blues line, but believe me, there's nothing to cheer about.

So dear hubby "Ironwolf" suggested something absolutely preposterous...practicing! Of all things! So Ironwolf set a task for me - an evening of playing _Mary Had A Little Lamb_, over and over, in different keys, for a couple hours. Those dear readers that actually play the instrument are probably falling over themselves laughing now. But now I am the _Mary_ *master*! Ironwolf was right though - I do need more drills and exercises and less dorking around.

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night, my left hand contorted and locked into the left-hand bass position. I had to pry my fingers open. Is this what I have to look forward to?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home