Friday, August 06, 2004

Thursday, August 5, 2004 - Parental Update

I've spoken with my folks, and they seem to be doing well in South Carolina. Except for the heat, of course. My father is slugging it out at his new job - looks like he'll have a rough time at the factory for a while, but he should be able to straighten out the problems they are having there. My mother has essentially found a job - there was a new ambulatory surgery facility that just opened yesterday, and they are certain there is a place for her there.

They bought a new car yesterday, and they put a bid on a house today. So it looks like they really settling down to stay. They haven't gone so far as to say that they like the area, but things are looking good. I'm happy for them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mz. Gydnew said...

I know what it's like to live far away from family. I have lived over 2000 miles away from my mom and sisters for almost 10 years. We really try to make the effort to get my son up there once a year and for the past 3 years I've gotten to see them once each year as well. Email, online photo albums and phone calls help ease the distance.

8/06/2004 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home